- I wrote to the zoo to send me a pet. They sent me an/a _____.
- He was too ___! I sent him back.
- So they sent me a/an _____.
- So they thought very hard, and sent me a ______.
- He was perfect! I kept him.
From Head to Toe
turn my head /tɜrn/ /maɪ/ /hɛd/
bend my neck /bɛnd/ /maɪ/ /nɛk/
raise my shoulders /reɪz/ /maɪ/ /ˈʃoʊldərz/
wave my arms /weɪv/ /maɪ/ /ɑrmz/
clap my hands /klæp/ /maɪ/ /hændz/
thump my chest /θʌmp/ /maɪ/ /ʧɛst/
arch my back /ɑrʧ/ /maɪ/ /bæk/
wriggle my hips /ˈrɪgəl/ /maɪ/ /hɪps/
bend my knees /bɛnd/ /maɪ/ /niz/
kick my legs /kɪk/ /maɪ/ /lɛgz/
stomp my foot /stɑmp/ /maɪ/ /fʊt/
wiggle my toe /ˈwɪgəl/ /maɪ/ /toʊ/
- I am a ____ and I ____ my ____. Can you do it?
- I can do it!
Knock! Knock! Open the Door
polar bear/ˈpoʊlər/ /bɛr/
spotty cat/ˈspɑti/ /kæt/
Who's there? /huz/ /ðɛr/?
What's that? /wʌts/ /ðæt/?
Come in! /kʌm/ /ɪn/!
Stomp! Roar! /stɑmp/! /rɔr/!
Start to cheer! /stɑrt/ /tu/ /ʧɪr/!
How do you do? /haʊ/ /du/ /ju/ /du/?
Nice to see you. /naɪs/ /tu/ /si/ /ju/.
Lovely to meet you. /ˈlʌvli/ /tu/ /mit/ /ju/.
How are you? /haʊ/ /ɑr/ /ju/?
Stinky poo! /ˈstɪŋki/ /pu/!
They're here! /ðɛr/ /hir/!
Open the door...
It's a polar bear.
I’m waiting for someone cuddly, but it’s NOT you!
Hello little baby, sweet as can be.
You're the one we've been waiting to see.
You're cuddly and you're funny.
You're bouncy and you're cute.
You're smelly and you're noisy -- and you're home. Hooray!
Pete the Cat
- Pete the Cat walking down the street in his brand-new white shoes.
- Pete loved his white shoes so much, he sang this song:
- Oh no! Pete stepped in a large pile of… _______!
- What color did it turn his shoes?
Did Pete cry?
He kept walking along and singing his song.
- Oh no! Pete stepped in a bucket of water...
and all the brown,
and all the blue,
and all the red were washed away.
- The moral of Pete’s story is:
No matter what you step in,
keep walking along and singing your song…
because it’s all good.
soft yellow banana /sɑft/ /ˈjɛloʊ/ /bəˈnænə/
sweet-smelling guava /swit/-/ˈsmɛlɪŋ/ /ˈgwɑvə/
round juicy orange /raʊnd/ /ˈʤusi/ /ˈɔrənʤ/
ripe red mango /raɪp/ /rɛd/ /ˈmæŋgoʊ/
spiky-leaved pineapple /ˈspaɪki/-/livd/ /ˈpaɪˌnæpəl/
creamy green avocado /ˈkrimi/ /grin/ /ˌævəˈkɑdoʊ/
tangy purple passion fruit /ˈtæŋi/ /ˈpɜrpəl/ /ˈpæʃən/ /frut/
- Handa put seven delicious fruits in a basket for her friend Akeyo.
- She will be surprised, thought Handa as she set for Akeyo’s village.
- I wonder which fruit she’ll like best.
Will she like the __________…
or the _________________?
Which fruit will Akeyo like best?
- “Hello, Akeyo,” said Handa.
“I’ve brought you a surprise.”
“Tangerines!” said Akeyo. “My favorite fruit.”
“TANGERINES?” said Handa. “That is a surprise!”